It’s official – Past mistakes can lead to copious amounts of comfort food accompanied by the watching of the rom-est of romcoms, excessive reflecting on life choices and most importantly: making bad new ones. Which, after the fact, can usually all be blamed on wine (and the likes). But there is also wisdom to be gained in our losses, like there is in most things in our lives. So looking back on minor fuck-ups may bode well for avoiding them in the future – and these pensive ponderings I will be sharing will (hopefully) be the birthing ground of new wisdoms and better approaches to myself, love and life in general. Here’s hoping!
- On happiness – in general, in particular and in total and utter honestyI hail from the Al Bundy era.Something that I’m simultaneously proud and secretly ashamed of, I guess. Those were the days, folks, those were the days. These days that show, to many, is a desperate reminder of all that was once wrong with the world.Continue reading “On happiness – in general, in particular and in total and utter honesty”
- On the jobHave you ever had the type of job where you lost track of reality?Not in an ‘constantly- hallucinating’ kind of way, but in a way where you’re so focused on your own goings-on that you forget the bigger picture? I have (obviously, or I wouldn’tContinue reading “On the job”
- Road to successThe ‘success’-reel that is Social Media has been an ongoing topic (of complaints) for as long as Social Media have been a thing. The constant overflow of happy moments, with little (or no) attention to the failures, dark moments and ‘really seriously wrong’ things inContinue reading “Road to success”
- Try AgainThere’s so much we can learn from games and sports, I think. They’re a reflection of life, in a lot of ways. Although I’m kinda obligated to say that since I’ve already written a bunch of posts of ‘things I learned through playing games likeContinue reading “Try Again”
- AllergiesThey say that the things that bother you the most about other people… The things that make you ‘clash’ with others… The things that you can’t deal with from opposite parties… Are the things strongly represented in your own personality. Positively, or negatively so. YourContinue reading “Allergies”
- The right toolsI pride myself in being a strong and independent woman. I do. And not in one of those fierce sjw over the top excruciatingly force-feminism-down-your-throat kind of ways. But in a show-rather-than-tell kind of way. And to me – being strong and independent often manifestsContinue reading “The right tools”
- Cliched EpiphaniesMe and the loverboy were watching Thor this weekend – after deciding to do a Marvel binge which has us watching all the movies in (timeline) order. Which is awesome. Cause I love Marvel. Not just for the actionpacked (and sixpacked) storylines, but also becauseContinue reading “Cliched Epiphanies”
- It’s in the detailsI’ve never been one of those ‘the big picture‘ type of people. That’s a specialty and mindset that you either possess, or don’t I think – that way of seeing beyond your immediate vicinity and placing things in a grander context. Most people, admittedly, areContinue reading “It’s in the details”
- Simple SolutionsLife, as a teacher, tends to offer a plethora of lessons. And most of those, I find, are quite similar. Life is hard. Life is complicated. Life ain’t straightforward. Life is messy, and chaotic. Painful and unfair and anything but under your control. Sometimes, thoughContinue reading “Simple Solutions”
- PeeptoesTwo days this week. Two days that I got to dress in normal clothes. Put on normal (instead of bad lighting and Microsoft Teams) make-up. And speak to normal (relatively 😈😈), actual, real life people. It’s kinda shocking how ‘odd’ that feels after the yearContinue reading “Peeptoes”
Welcome to my personal slice of madness on the interwebs. There’s not been many constants in my life – but writing has always been one of them. And how better to display the results of all that practice, than by showing the world exactly what resides in my brain. The only way I know how to: in words.
Haven’t had enough yet?
Click on for the golden oldies!