It’s official – Past mistakes can lead to copious amounts of comfort food accompanied by the watching of the rom-est of romcoms, excessive reflecting on life choices and most importantly: making bad new ones. Which, after the fact, can usually all be blamed on wine (and the likes). But there is also wisdom to be gained in our losses, like there is in most things in our lives. So looking back on minor fuck-ups may bode well for avoiding them in the future – and these pensive ponderings I will be sharing will (hopefully) be the birthing ground of new wisdoms and better approaches to myself, love and life in general. Here’s hoping!
- Art of the GrindGaming has taught me a lot in life. Mostly that I have a strange fashion sense, a tendency to giggle at excesses of violence and a huge AWWWWW obsession with the cute, fluffy or bouncy critters that show up in most games. But gaming hasContinue reading “Art of the Grind”
- Luxury ProblemsThere’s a couple of things that I can’t ever live without anymore as a First Worlder, regardless of how insane that might sound to people who have it worse. When I say can’t I obviously mean ‘I really really really don’t want to‘ even thoughContinue reading “Luxury Problems”
- Breaking news!Do you know what the thing about life is? Like – the actual honest to god truth of it all? I’ll let you in on my little secret for a happy life: Sometimes you just gotta break something to live it to the best ofContinue reading “Breaking news!”
- The red-green conundrumDo you ever feel like a weirdo?Cause yaknow. I do. Totally. Often. A lot of the times. Ain’t no one gonna contest that either, I know. Pretty much anyone reading this blog already knows I’m a total basket case. Nuts. Cuckoo.‘Een tik van de molenContinue reading “The red-green conundrum”
- The sudoku of lifeLife has always been a puzzle for me. And not even one I’m planning to solve anytime soon. Mostly because the ‘how’, the ‘why’ and the ‘what’ of it oftentimes completely elude me. And also because I’m a lazy fuck. It does kind of explainContinue reading “The sudoku of life”
- Pennies and dimesIf I could have my pickOf what I’d have for change It wouldn’t be pennies and dimesBut a world that is differentIf I could have a sayIn things that should be alteredIt wouldn’t be pennies and dimes But a world that is changedIf I couldContinue reading “Pennies and dimes”
- What was your name again?To all those folk who ever doubted me – or might ever doubt you: So I would never get nowhere?Said I would never find my place Told me I would be forgottenWaitWhat was your name again? So I wasn’t ever good enough?Said I didn’t amountContinue reading “What was your name again?”
- Kittastic BoobytrapsBoy, how I have missed cat-wisdom in my life. Because, regardless of the fact that they tend to sleep a solid 18 hours a day, preferably perched somewhere that they’re not supposed to, cats (to me) have always been a source of inspiration and lifehacks.Continue reading “Kittastic Boobytraps”
- Choosing Happiness over StrengthNow that I feel myself becoming happier by the day (literally, the upward curve is insane!) – I’ve taken some time on reflecting how I got to be where I am now, and how I prevented myself from getting here a lot sooner. These typesContinue reading “Choosing Happiness over Strength”
- Foodie wisdomEver since I moved to this middle of nowhere part of the country that I now call home – I’ve had to detox from my previous citylife and endless possibilities of food to order in. Here, in this godforsaken (although, there’s more churches than barsContinue reading “Foodie wisdom”
Welcome to my personal slice of madness on the interwebs. There’s not been many constants in my life – but writing has always been one of them. And how better to display the results of all that practice, than by showing the world exactly what resides in my brain. The only way I know how to: in words.
Haven’t had enough yet?
Click on for the golden oldies!