The life of being single comes with its perks, for sure. Me-time all the time, eating what I want when I want it and slouching around the house in the comfy sweats instead of the sexy suits. It’s awesome.
Yet, with the demands and expectations of society and that nagging feeling of loneliness sometimes comes the urge to ‘find that special someone’. That person crazy enough to stand the entire package of insanity that is me AND appreciate all of that at the same time. That needle in the haystack, preferably not actually shaped like a needle.
But this mission is a quest of epic proportions that is not to be conquered or taken lightly.
The main tool for locating said prince on a white horse? Tinder.
Which brings with it all the hilarious moments, bouts of despair and rants that come with online dating in the world of COVID-19. Let me tell you the tale of this quest. Let me tell you my Tinder tales.
- Tinder Tales – A case of the RoySo.It turns out I’m a total name-ist when it comes to dating, hahaha. Or at least, when it comes to my current Tinder-swiping behaviors. When asked to describe my (physical) taste in men I usually fall backContinue reading “Tinder Tales – A case of the Roy”
- Tinder Tales – Ixnay on the IndertayBack into the fray, my dear! With a sentence like this? I can actually imagine myself sitting atop a huge black horse, on a mountaintop, looking down on the battlefield of love. Armor fully intact but battlewornContinue reading “Tinder Tales – Ixnay on the Indertay”
- Tinder Tales – the curious case of the neck-beardYou can spend ages making generalizations that can fit the entire online dating community. It’s hilarious. I do it all the time. I mean, if we’re on the shallow meat market, might as well make the mostContinue reading “Tinder Tales – the curious case of the neck-beard”
- Tinder Tales – But what does it MEAN?!The world of online dating is one of repetition. Something which I find HIGHLY aggravating. (Even though I KNOW that I can’t particularly take it out on all the guys asking me all the same questions becauseContinue reading “Tinder Tales – But what does it MEAN?!”
- Tinder Tales – PickyOpening lines are hard in online dating. I know. I’ve been there (that one whole time last week, but hey, I HAVE been there!). Scratch that. Online dating is hard. As a whole. In its entirety. TotallyContinue reading “Tinder Tales – Picky”
- Tinder Tales – Anal.The unthinkable happened folks!The world must be coming to an end! Apocalypse is nigh! Hell hath frozen over and the flying monkeys are soon to descend from Walhalla. I sent someone a first message. On a datingContinue reading “Tinder Tales – Anal.”
- Tinder Tales – Darn those algorithms!These days I’m taking a very business-like approach to online dating. Currently, to me, it’s much like household-work, or administrative work or obligatory family visits. A chore. Something that has to be done. A box to tickContinue reading “Tinder Tales – Darn those algorithms!”
- Tinder Tales – Why ARE we here?“En wat zoek jij op Tinder, dan?’Translation: ‘So, what are you looking for on Tinder?’ It is THE most seen line (by me, anyway) on Tinder that tends to come up in pretty much ANY conversation IContinue reading “Tinder Tales – Why ARE we here?”
- Tinder Tales – Virtually unique.Tinder is often seen as the promiscuous den of the dating debauched (and unsuccessful). Something which, as my years tick on (and the faces on it remain quite unchanging) is becoming painfully obvious. Throughout the past 4Continue reading “Tinder Tales – Virtually unique.”
- Tinder Tales – Picture PerfectPeople are so intensely adorably curious when it comes to my single-ness. Or. Let me specify.People, utterly ‘together’ in delicious relationships for decades of interpersonal fun and no outlook on ever doing the ‘single’ thing again –Continue reading “Tinder Tales – Picture Perfect”