Writing has always come quite naturally to me (gee, does that sound conceded, or what). And right from the very start of me using a pen (or keyboard) to capture the words strewn through my brain and perched on my – I’ve found ways to string them along in what some might call poetry.
I know nothing about poetry.
Nothing about meter, rhyming schemes, verses or genres. Nothing about rules and norms and preferences of prose. I just put words in an order that amuses me, and hope for the best. But still – seeing as these particular outbursts do seem to warrant their own category in my portfolio, and in order for them not to get needlessly lost in the haystack that is my writing (dya see what I did there?!) – have a glance at my Puzzling Poetry.
- WholeI just want to feel something againDone with brokenNumbAnd sad. I just want to be myself againDone with mourning,WhatI had. I just want to love someone againDone with lonely,GoingMad. I just want to know myself againDone withContinue reading “Whole”
- PuzzledIt’s when I stopped looking For you….All the time,Every time,That I found the time. No more staring at the driveway,Or just glancing at the door,Waiting,Knowing you won’t come around no more.No more staring at my phone,Or lookingContinue reading “Puzzled”
- Haiku? Haican!A blanket of snow Covering a broken heart Won’t make it colder. Wait just a second Did I really just write A legit haiku? Yes. Yes, YES I did About love, as usual Guess I AM aContinue reading “Haiku? Haican!”
- Crooked smile‘It’s ok.’They tell me.‘You were just brainwashed,by him and the scene he painted.’ And I’ll smile a crooked smileAsking them ‘what brain?’‘I lost that way before him.’‘I’ve always been out of my mind.’ ‘It’s the heart thatContinue reading “Crooked smile”
- TearsI’ll see words aligned in the saddest of waysReading page after page of fictional historyAnd weep for her loss, his death and their loveBut I’ll never cry for me. I’ll listen to the tragic love-songs of aContinue reading “Tears”