Writing has always come quite naturally to me (gee, does that sound conceded, or what). And right from the very start of me using a pen (or keyboard) to capture the words strewn through my brain and perched on my – I’ve found ways to string them along in what some might call poetry.
I know nothing about poetry.
Nothing about meter, rhyming schemes, verses or genres. Nothing about rules and norms and preferences of prose. I just put words in an order that amuses me, and hope for the best. But still – seeing as these particular outbursts do seem to warrant their own category in my portfolio, and in order for them not to get needlessly lost in the haystack that is my writing (dya see what I did there?!) – have a glance at my Puzzling Poetry.
- A simple sumSo about this ‘alone’ business…Do you even know how lonely it is?Having to spend each night by yourself…When there’s only one thing you miss? I mean, I am (of course) great company….And it doesn’t really take allContinue reading “A simple sum”
- Play your cards rightIt could have been so different.It should have been so different.My heart knows it. My soul believes it.It is nothing but a solemn truth. If only the world had been different.If only we had been different.They knewContinue reading “Play your cards right”
- No more golden daysAs fall begins to color the world around us – I mourn the loss of color in mine. I used to have golden days. Shimmering, bright,filled with an energy that fueled my world. They used to beContinue reading “No more golden days”
- And then I tell myself…One from the archives – just to end the week with a flair of drama: And then I tell myself. They tell me to be strong.They tell me to heal.And then I tell myself….Maybe I was happierContinue reading “And then I tell myself…”
- Still.I write notes in my phone, every now and then. I find that it helps me gather thoughts that I otherwise might lose. But I usually avoid reading them back – because some thoughts just deserve toContinue reading “Still.”