Writing has always come quite naturally to me (gee, does that sound conceded, or what). And right from the very start of me using a pen (or keyboard) to capture the words strewn through my brain and perched on my – I’ve found ways to string them along in what some might call poetry.
I know nothing about poetry.
Nothing about meter, rhyming schemes, verses or genres. Nothing about rules and norms and preferences of prose. I just put words in an order that amuses me, and hope for the best. But still – seeing as these particular outbursts do seem to warrant their own category in my portfolio, and in order for them not to get needlessly lost in the haystack that is my writing (dya see what I did there?!) – have a glance at my Puzzling Poetry.
- Still hereI miss you.But you’re still here,And that feels kinda silly…So I’ll punch your shoulder and call you a weirdo.See?Who’s vulnerable now?I miss you.And you’re still here,Which totally feels stupid…So I’ll gnaw your thigh and get you aContinue reading “Still here”
- InsanityThey say…That trying the same thing…Over and over again…But expecting different results…Is insanity.But then why is it…That when I gave you my heart…I gave you all of it…No holds barred.Even though I knew…Even though I see…Even thoughContinue reading “Insanity”
- It matters, doesn’t it?Another meetingAnother dayAnother procedureAnother playWhat were you saying again?I was thinking about how being gorgeous works…When beauty is supposed to be in the eye of the beholder…But society paints the picture That those eyes are taking in.AnotherContinue reading “It matters, doesn’t it?”
- Told you so!What do you mean – you know it better?What do you mean – you know it best?What do you mean – your method’s faster?What do you mean – it passed the test?Don’t you know that I amContinue reading “Told you so!”
- I can’t even rememberDarling,Can you recall the last time you hurt?Really hurt?Hurt so bad you couldn’t breathe?Hurt so deep you couldn’t see?Hurt so much you couldn’t bear?I bet you think you can.I bet you think you should.I bet you thinkContinue reading “I can’t even remember”