Writing has always come quite naturally to me (gee, does that sound conceded, or what). And right from the very start of me using a pen (or keyboard) to capture the words strewn through my brain and perched on my – I’ve found ways to string them along in what some might call poetry.
I know nothing about poetry.
Nothing about meter, rhyming schemes, verses or genres. Nothing about rules and norms and preferences of prose. I just put words in an order that amuses me, and hope for the best. But still – seeing as these particular outbursts do seem to warrant their own category in my portfolio, and in order for them not to get needlessly lost in the haystack that is my writing (dya see what I did there?!) – have a glance at my Puzzling Poetry.
- WholeI wither Like a flower without sun Or a tree without water When I live without your touch. I crumble Like a brittle sandcastle to the sea Or a ruin of old When I live without yourContinue reading “Whole”
- Pennies and dimesIf I could have my pickOf what I’d have for change It wouldn’t be pennies and dimesBut a world that is differentIf I could have a sayIn things that should be alteredIt wouldn’t be pennies and dimesContinue reading “Pennies and dimes”
- What was your name again?To all those folk who ever doubted me – or might ever doubt you: So I would never get nowhere?Said I would never find my place Told me I would be forgottenWaitWhat was your name again? SoContinue reading “What was your name again?”
- RipplesShallowBarely hereA ripple in the water.My heart whispers to yoursIts dirty little secretIn words left unspoken. Too clear.Too near.To the core, to the centre,To the goddamn middleOf the soul that resides here. FaintBarely thereA sigh on theContinue reading “Ripples”
- NewWhen I say it is different..When I say it is new..When I say pasts are over…Will you see my words true?Because I know that I mean them..Because I know that they’re real…Because I know they say muchContinue reading “New”