There’s a certain beauty in the quote ‘I may be alone, but I’m never lonely’.
Yet I (and many with me) still fear the day that we’re found dead in our house amidst an army of empty pizza boxes ‘only‘ three months after they’ve perished from too much Netflix (and possibly…the flu). Lucky for us lonely catladies in training – there’s the marvelous world of (online) dating. And the tales of it’s horrible inhabitants (read: terrordates!). Follow along as I venture out into the world again – to slay the double standards of assigned promiscuity and find the way to the holy grail of true love again (or: just go down swinging).
- PokémagicRemember that post I did a while back on how I was super unexpectedly connecting over Pokémon Go with a colleague (jezus, was that already almost two months ago?)? After which I got straight back into being a Poké-addict, even putting my friend code inContinue reading “Pokémagic”
- A simple sumSo about this ‘alone’ business…Do you even know how lonely it is?Having to spend each night by yourself…When there’s only one thing you miss? I mean, I am (of course) great company….And it doesn’t really take all that much to see…That when it comes toContinue reading “A simple sum”
- Add more drama.My love of lists has gotten me into trouble again, boys and girls! I swear, of all the things that are a constant in my life, this urge of mine….for order and traceability is one of the most condemning factors of my life. IN SOContinue reading “Add more drama.”
- Tinder Tales – Why ARE we here?“En wat zoek jij op Tinder, dan?’Translation: ‘So, what are you looking for on Tinder?’ It is THE most seen line (by me, anyway) on Tinder that tends to come up in pretty much ANY conversation I have on there (there’s quite some data available).Continue reading “Tinder Tales – Why ARE we here?”
- Heart-body Connections?Interesting factoids have always been one of my favorite things to ‘know‘. Trivia that might be slightly useless in daily goings-on but that are mightily interesting to drop in a casual conversation. So when I opened James’ World today and read the list of infoContinue reading “Heart-body Connections?”
- No more golden daysAs fall begins to color the world around us – I mourn the loss of color in mine. I used to have golden days. Shimmering, bright,filled with an energy that fueled my world. They used to be golden days. Then distance set in,‘Tween you, meContinue reading “No more golden days”
- Oh dear – It’s baby season“Congratulations auntie!” read one of the text messages I got yesterday. And awkwardness ensued.I think my initial witty reply of of ‘Gee, thanks aunt, for congratulating me with the birth of a niece to a brother I haven’t seen or spoken to in well overContinue reading “Oh dear – It’s baby season”
- Rerun ReboundsSometimes things I read on the internet stick to my brain. After all, everything we read on the internet is true, right? So just imagine how much wisdom there’s just there to be had, right at our fingertips. It’s AM-AH-ZING.(Ok. After reading some of theContinue reading “Rerun Rebounds”
- And then I tell myself…One from the archives – just to end the week with a flair of drama: And then I tell myself. They tell me to be strong.They tell me to heal.And then I tell myself….Maybe I was happier being unhappy with you. They tell me I’mContinue reading “And then I tell myself…”
- Would you date yourself?Hairdresser wait times. They are a particular timezone all their own, it seems. You’re warped into a bend of time where it starts to crawl so slowly that reading anything becomes acceptable just to make the clock run faster. Even….. Cosmopolitan (or some shitty how-to-be-a-womanContinue reading “Would you date yourself?”
Welcome to my personal slice of madness on the interwebs. There’s not been many constants in my life – but writing has always been one of them. And how better to display the results of all that practice, than by showing the world exactly what resides in my brain. The only way I know how to: in words.
Haven’t had enough yet?
Click on for the golden oldies!