There’s a certain beauty in the quote ‘I may be alone, but I’m never lonely’.
Yet I (and many with me) still fear the day that we’re found dead in our house amidst an army of empty pizza boxes ‘only‘ three months after they’ve perished from too much Netflix (and possibly…the flu). Lucky for us lonely catladies in training – there’s the marvelous world of (online) dating. And the tales of it’s horrible inhabitants (read: terrordates!). Follow along as I venture out into the world again – to slay the double standards of assigned promiscuity and find the way to the holy grail of true love again (or: just go down swinging).
- Out of TouchThere’s been moments these past few lockdown-y months that I’ve had short episodes of extreme selfpity. To be expected, surely, and probably not a surprise to anyone. We all have these, in our lives, no matter how hard we try to hide and deny themContinue reading “Out of Touch”
- TearsI’ll see words aligned in the saddest of waysReading page after page of fictional historyAnd weep for her loss, his death and their loveBut I’ll never cry for me. I’ll listen to the tragic love-songs of a lifeWith battles the likes of which I’ll neverContinue reading “Tears”
- Losing the spice (girls) of life“Who are you, and what have you done with Zoë?’ I was asked last week while catching up with a friend over Whatsapp. And as I typed the very honest answer: ‘I don’t know. I lost her somewhere around July and haven’t found her since’Continue reading “Losing the spice (girls) of life”
- Tinder Tales – the curious case of the neck-beardYou can spend ages making generalizations that can fit the entire online dating community. It’s hilarious. I do it all the time. I mean, if we’re on the shallow meat market, might as well make the most of it, right? You can bet they’re doingContinue reading “Tinder Tales – the curious case of the neck-beard”
- Same mistakesI had a talk with my manager today about my progress and learning curve in my new job. It was a good talk. Way more positive than I’d pictured it beforehand (damn impostor syndrome) and a great clarification on my results these past few months.Continue reading “Same mistakes”
- On reaching out and taking in.Have you ever tried holding on to something between your lips? Yaknow, that parking ticket at the garage that is always ripped away at the slightest gust of wind? Or grabbed something with just your fingertips, slowly feeling whatever it is you’ve gotten hold ofContinue reading “On reaching out and taking in.”
- Tinder Tales – But what does it MEAN?!The world of online dating is one of repetition. Something which I find HIGHLY aggravating. (Even though I KNOW that I can’t particularly take it out on all the guys asking me all the same questions because I TOO realize that they often cover theContinue reading “Tinder Tales – But what does it MEAN?!”
- Tinder Tales – PickyOpening lines are hard in online dating. I know. I’ve been there (that one whole time last week, but hey, I HAVE been there!). Scratch that. Online dating is hard. As a whole. In its entirety. Totally and completely. Scratch that. LOVE is hard. TheContinue reading “Tinder Tales – Picky”
- Tinder Tales – Anal.The unthinkable happened folks!The world must be coming to an end! Apocalypse is nigh! Hell hath frozen over and the flying monkeys are soon to descend from Walhalla. I sent someone a first message. On a dating site. For actual dating. SHOCKING. I KNOW! IContinue reading “Tinder Tales – Anal.”
- From bad to worseCan you relate?Sometimes I watch things that are SO painfully accurate for my life that I just sit there nodding my head: ‘Yup. That’sa me.’ And coincidentally: that’s recognition is VERY rarely a positive occasions. It’s usually the painful ‘Oh god. Preach.’ Iliza says itContinue reading “From bad to worse”
Welcome to my personal slice of madness on the interwebs. There’s not been many constants in my life – but writing has always been one of them. And how better to display the results of all that practice, than by showing the world exactly what resides in my brain. The only way I know how to: in words.
Haven’t had enough yet?
Click on for the golden oldies!