There’s a certain beauty in the quote ‘I may be alone, but I’m never lonely’.
Yet I (and many with me) still fear the day that we’re found dead in our house amidst an army of empty pizza boxes ‘only‘ three months after they’ve perished from too much Netflix (and possibly…the flu). Lucky for us lonely catladies in training – there’s the marvelous world of (online) dating. And the tales of it’s horrible inhabitants (read: terrordates!). Follow along as I venture out into the world again – to slay the double standards of assigned promiscuity and find the way to the holy grail of true love again (or: just go down swinging).
- Reasons to LoveI read a blog today on ‘But, she was fierce’ who found herself in bed with a guy who asked her what she liked about him. Only to find that she couldn’t answer the question. Not easily, or effortlessly or relatively quickly, anyway. It wasContinue reading “Reasons to Love”
- Neighborly Noise ComplaintsDisclaimer: TMI WARNINGS. TMI WARNINGS. T. M. I. Warnings! Remember that neighbor that I’ve surely mentioned in a couple of blogs?You know the one that mysteriously seemed to hate me for no reason other that whatever reasons he probably has that are unbeknownst to me?Continue reading “Neighborly Noise Complaints”
- Project boyfriend – status: acquired.I was subtly notified last night that yesterdays post – accusing my brand-spanking new lover of potentially turning me into a Zoë-shaped ice cube was NOT the best way to introduce my new boyfriend to the blogging world. Apparently abandonment and hypothermia are not tooContinue reading “Project boyfriend – status: acquired.”
- Open up….mind and mouthFor someone that doesn’t like cooking – I feel like I write about food and its preparation a lot on this blog. Strange right? I guess that suits me though – as normal is hardly a term I’d ever say applies to me. ‘Proud toContinue reading “Open up….mind and mouth”
- RipplesShallowBarely hereA ripple in the water.My heart whispers to yoursIts dirty little secretIn words left unspoken. Too clear.Too near.To the core, to the centre,To the goddamn middleOf the soul that resides here. FaintBarely thereA sigh on the windMy hand reaches for yoursScared of a secretThatContinue reading “Ripples”
- No more Cinderella-dating!Woohoo!There’s a (bit of) light at the end of the tunnel!Sort of. I guess. Maybe. A little.Ok, probably not, but for now – still a yay moment:No more Cinderella dating! The Lockdown Curfew here in the Netherlands (no one allowed outside between 21:00 and 04:30)Continue reading “No more Cinderella-dating!”
- Thoughts on the HuntMen like the chase – they say.Remnants from earlier times, where they were the hunters and we mere women the gatherers. Where a good clubbing over the head, and being dragged into a cave was considered foreplay and where consent was a word not yetContinue reading “Thoughts on the Hunt”
- Love and Risk AversionThere’s only a few things that I am certain of in life – and one of them is that I do NOT like uncertainty.Unknown gifts freak me the hell out and if you ever think of throwing me a surprise party: rethink that strategy! YerContinue reading “Love and Risk Aversion”
- Scream for ice-cream‘That’s fine, but I won’t be too interested in tasting….the icecream’ he’d messaged her, and she remembered how she had nervously giggled. At her phone, because he wasn’t even there when he’d sent it. And now, with her hands trembling around the tub of BenContinue reading “Scream for ice-cream”
- Cinderella DatingThroughout the years…I’ve always considered myself an avid gamer. Not an intense, over the top, fully dedicated supergamerfanatic, but I’ve clocked a LOT of hours behind the screens of my different games. And when it comes to my gaming, regardless of the amount of hoursContinue reading “Cinderella Dating”
Welcome to my personal slice of madness on the interwebs. There’s not been many constants in my life – but writing has always been one of them. And how better to display the results of all that practice, than by showing the world exactly what resides in my brain. The only way I know how to: in words.
Haven’t had enough yet?
Click on for the golden oldies!