There’s a certain beauty in the quote ‘I may be alone, but I’m never lonely’.
Yet I (and many with me) still fear the day that we’re found dead in our house amidst an army of empty pizza boxes ‘only‘ three months after they’ve perished from too much Netflix (and possibly…the flu). Lucky for us lonely catladies in training – there’s the marvelous world of (online) dating. And the tales of it’s horrible inhabitants (read: terrordates!). Follow along as I venture out into the world again – to slay the double standards of assigned promiscuity and find the way to the holy grail of true love again (or: just go down swinging).
- RipplesShallowBarely hereA ripple in the water.My heart whispers to yoursIts dirty little secretIn words left unspoken. Too clear.Too near.To the core, to the centre,To the goddamn middleOf the soul that resides here. FaintBarely thereA sigh on the windMy hand reaches for yoursScared of a secretThatContinue reading “Ripples”
- No more Cinderella-dating!Woohoo!There’s a (bit of) light at the end of the tunnel!Sort of. I guess. Maybe. A little.Ok, probably not, but for now – still a yay moment:No more Cinderella dating! The Lockdown Curfew here in the Netherlands (no one allowed outside between 21:00 and 04:30)Continue reading “No more Cinderella-dating!”
- Thoughts on the HuntMen like the chase – they say.Remnants from earlier times, where they were the hunters and we mere women the gatherers. Where a good clubbing over the head, and being dragged into a cave was considered foreplay and where consent was a word not yetContinue reading “Thoughts on the Hunt”
- Love and Risk AversionThere’s only a few things that I am certain of in life – and one of them is that I do NOT like uncertainty.Unknown gifts freak me the hell out and if you ever think of throwing me a surprise party: rethink that strategy! YerContinue reading “Love and Risk Aversion”
- Scream for ice-cream‘That’s fine, but I won’t be too interested in tasting….the icecream’ he’d messaged her, and she remembered how she had nervously giggled. At her phone, because he wasn’t even there when he’d sent it. And now, with her hands trembling around the tub of BenContinue reading “Scream for ice-cream”
- Cinderella DatingThroughout the years…I’ve always considered myself an avid gamer. Not an intense, over the top, fully dedicated supergamerfanatic, but I’ve clocked a LOT of hours behind the screens of my different games. And when it comes to my gaming, regardless of the amount of hoursContinue reading “Cinderella Dating”
- Out of TouchThere’s been moments these past few lockdown-y months that I’ve had short episodes of extreme selfpity. To be expected, surely, and probably not a surprise to anyone. We all have these, in our lives, no matter how hard we try to hide and deny themContinue reading “Out of Touch”
- TearsI’ll see words aligned in the saddest of waysReading page after page of fictional historyAnd weep for her loss, his death and their loveBut I’ll never cry for me. I’ll listen to the tragic love-songs of a lifeWith battles the likes of which I’ll neverContinue reading “Tears”
- Losing the spice (girls) of life“Who are you, and what have you done with Zoë?’ I was asked last week while catching up with a friend over Whatsapp. And as I typed the very honest answer: ‘I don’t know. I lost her somewhere around July and haven’t found her since’Continue reading “Losing the spice (girls) of life”
- Tinder Tales – the curious case of the neck-beardYou can spend ages making generalizations that can fit the entire online dating community. It’s hilarious. I do it all the time. I mean, if we’re on the shallow meat market, might as well make the most of it, right? You can bet they’re doingContinue reading “Tinder Tales – the curious case of the neck-beard”
Welcome to my personal slice of madness on the interwebs. There’s not been many constants in my life – but writing has always been one of them. And how better to display the results of all that practice, than by showing the world exactly what resides in my brain. The only way I know how to: in words.
Haven’t had enough yet?
Click on for the golden oldies!