There’s a certain beauty in the quote ‘I may be alone, but I’m never lonely’.
Yet I (and many with me) still fear the day that we’re found dead in our house amidst an army of empty pizza boxes ‘only‘ three months after they’ve perished from too much Netflix (and possibly…the flu). Lucky for us lonely catladies in training – there’s the marvelous world of (online) dating. And the tales of it’s horrible inhabitants (read: terrordates!). Follow along as I venture out into the world again – to slay the double standards of assigned promiscuity and find the way to the holy grail of true love again (or: just go down swinging).
- Tinder Tales – the curious case of the neck-beardYou can spend ages making generalizations that can fit the entire online dating community. It’s hilarious. I do it all the time. I mean, if we’re on the shallow meat market, might as well make the most of it, right? You can bet they’re doingContinue reading “Tinder Tales – the curious case of the neck-beard”
- Same mistakesI had a talk with my manager today about my progress and learning curve in my new job. It was a good talk. Way more positive than I’d pictured it beforehand (damn impostor syndrome) and a great clarification on my results these past few months.Continue reading “Same mistakes”
- The burnI let the heat engulf my body,As I slide into the water slow.Slip my head beneath the surface,And ponder what I know… While my oxygen runs out,And my chest begins to burn,Like it has these past few months,When I was forced to learn… That IContinue reading “The burn”
- On reaching out and taking in.Have you ever tried holding on to something between your lips? Yaknow, that parking ticket at the garage that is always ripped away at the slightest gust of wind? Or grabbed something with just your fingertips, slowly feeling whatever it is you’ve gotten hold ofContinue reading “On reaching out and taking in.”
- Tinder Tales – But what does it MEAN?!The world of online dating is one of repetition. Something which I find HIGHLY aggravating. (Even though I KNOW that I can’t particularly take it out on all the guys asking me all the same questions because I TOO realize that they often cover theContinue reading “Tinder Tales – But what does it MEAN?!”
- Cookie crumblesAs I wait for the next batch of food to arrive,From the hands of another stranger..I stare at a lonely crumb on the edge of the couch. So gruesomely brokenTorn away from the whole it once was.Just a remnant of a previous self. Useless now.Continue reading “Cookie crumbles”
- Tinder Tales – PickyOpening lines are hard in online dating. I know. I’ve been there (that one whole time last week, but hey, I HAVE been there!). Scratch that. Online dating is hard. As a whole. In its entirety. Totally and completely. Scratch that. LOVE is hard. TheContinue reading “Tinder Tales – Picky”
- Tinder Tales – Anal.The unthinkable happened folks!The world must be coming to an end! Apocalypse is nigh! Hell hath frozen over and the flying monkeys are soon to descend from Walhalla. I sent someone a first message. On a dating site. For actual dating. SHOCKING. I KNOW! IContinue reading “Tinder Tales – Anal.”
- From bad to worseCan you relate?Sometimes I watch things that are SO painfully accurate for my life that I just sit there nodding my head: ‘Yup. That’sa me.’ And coincidentally: that’s recognition is VERY rarely a positive occasions. It’s usually the painful ‘Oh god. Preach.’ Iliza says itContinue reading “From bad to worse”
- Time for another heartbreak?!There is something that worries me lately. Although, I guess, worry is a big word. But it’s something that I do think about every now and then: What if I lose ‘my writing’? You see, I started this blog in august, suffering from the worstContinue reading “Time for another heartbreak?!”
Welcome to my personal slice of madness on the interwebs. There’s not been many constants in my life – but writing has always been one of them. And how better to display the results of all that practice, than by showing the world exactly what resides in my brain. The only way I know how to: in words.
Haven’t had enough yet?
Click on for the golden oldies!