Four months gone of the year 2021. And what a year it’s been so far.
The world is changing. Changing. Changing. We’re going from lockdown, to semi-lockdown to hopefully some sort of relative freedom in the near future. I mean – as it stands now (with our sluggish vaccination pace) I’ll see my arm poked somewhere at the end of June. And with me we’ll have done pretty much everyone in the society round here. So that should see Corona covered. We hope.
And my world is also everchanging. With a body that’s protesting the increase in workouts (now that we’re allowed back on the field) and accidental gain in kilo’s (which, obviously, shouldn’t happen, but yaknow…snacks) I’ve not felt very good about myself this month. Which, obviously, is something I should be fixing, but can’t really wrap my gotta-get-it-attitude around. Sucks.
Luckily – in finding love, I’ve also found someone who still makes me feel beautiful regardless (although that doesn’t really help in finding inspiration to change, eh? DILEMMA!). And with two months on our date-card, I’d say we’re still going strong. Woot!
As for the resolutions?
I’ve been steadily working on ’em, I suppose. Not always as succesfully as I’d hoped, but hey. Effort counts!
Need a refresh?
Find it here:
– The original list
– The January overview
– The February overview
– The March overview
And did you miss out on some of my blogposts?
These were (mine and your) 5 favorites from the past month:
– Simple Solutions
– Just a bit OCD
– Come prepared
Outside of commenting on the Resolutions I feel need some backstory – I am going to keep it simple: Green are the resolutions I’ve (already) checked off the list. Fingers crossed you’re going to scroll and find some greens, right?!
Orange are the ones I’ve totally started on, attempted, am working on or have otherwise made some progress on. The unmarked ones…well. They shall not be mentioned. Until they’re mentioned. If they’re ever mentioned. Who knows!
And red. Well. Red are the ones that I’ve already failed. In month one. BUT (there’s always a BUT) will probably still be (re-)attempting for the remainder of the year ;).
ONWARDS – to full green! (Who am I kidding)
- Land (at least) 5 >10m. deals successfully.
Heard we lost a deal I was expecting to win yesterday, Sucks. But I did win another really big one earlier last week. And three new ones in the works, two turned in (That we’re expecting to win). On a winning line, though, I’d say!
- Get three additional certificates on relevant topics OR
No progress. No way. Been too busy with actual working. Better luck next month!
- Follow six non-certificate-yielding relevant work courses.
- Do whatever is necessary (and actively check this with management) to get the needed functional grade for the 175% bonus in 2022.
In the works!
- Wear a costume in a Teams-call on Carnaval. And Christmas. And possibly Easter (I’d totally look awesome in bunny ears).
Christmas it is!
- Donate the 2021 Christmas package to charity.
- Don’t get a burnout. Or fired. Or in a fight with colleagues for no other reasons than them sucking (luckily, so far, all of them are pretty damn awesome).
(We’re getting reinforcements next month. So if I survive April…things might get a little easier!)
- Start writing a book. Or collect blogs to add into a column-bundle. Or do something anything whateverything to get published work in book-form out into the world.
- Keep. Blogging. In. 2021. (as in: the entire year!)
- Write (at least) 200 posts
Almost halfway! With 86 posts I’m making a good old dent in that number 200! I feel like this should totally still be manageable.
- Find a way to ALSO make sure old content gets some luvvin’ every now and then.
Did you read my top 5 yet? Which was your favorite?! :O:O:O:O
- Get to 5.000 followers. Yes. Really. Gotta be ambitious, right?
216 new followers this month – so with a total of 2486 I’m pretty sure 5000 isn’t going to be happening anymore this year. Shucks. But hey – almost 2500 folks reading this lil’ old blog is already INSANE! Thankssss!
- Get to 500 unique visitors in 1 day at least once.
Hells to the nah. Not getting any closer here. Maybe I should attempt writing a viral thingy. But. Hmm. Nah.
- Make a person laugh hysterically with a post. Or cry. Either works.
- Do a monthly Resolutionized-update so I don’t ‘forget‘ that I’m supposed to be doing this.
- Fuck dating altogether for the entire year and take a Zoë-year OR
- Do NOT ‘date’ any of the old-stale-already-done-douchebags EVER again.
AND (if I do end up dating)
- No beards. Seriously. Just. No negotiating – no beards.
Loverboy hasn’t suddenly sprouted a beard and is gorgeous as ever. So still good!
- Stop downdating AND/OR downplaying myself just to appear acceptable and not-be-lonely.
- Stop settling for soul-crushing limitations or demands and instead go for compromise-less loving.
- Don’t opt for an imaginary boyfriend for lack of actual people potential. Pillows do not count.
Two months tomorrow! Woopwoop!
- Don’t drunk-booty-call any of the old-stale-already-done-douchebags. Really. Don’t be that girl.
I did make some indecent proposals to loverboy while slightly intoxicated. But he obviously didn’t mind.
- Make a new (group of) friends that DON’T all live at least an hour away.
How does making friends even work after 30? I sure as fuck don’t know.
- Spend more time with the far-away-bunch of friends.
Another pub quiz – staring at a new little person (baby visiting) and boozy donutty nights of fun – CHECK!
- See actual people IN PERSON at least once a month. No hermitting.
- Write a letter to a friend telling them how much they mean to me. Try not to include swearwords too much.
- Post something non-selfie-related to Instagram every now and again.
Not. A. Single. Post. Maybe now that softball training has started again…I might. Maybe.
- Host a dinnerparty and actually COOK.
Rematch on the 22nd!
- Do something wine-knowledge related (a workshop, or tasting or high wine) so you’re not just downing bottles but actually know something about their contents.
Oh. I just drank some wine. Didn’t learn anything. Whoops!
- Do NOT. I repeat: do NOT install Snapchat. Or Pinterest. Ever. AND
- Do not start Tiktokking. In any way, shape or form. You’re too old Zoë. Really. You are. Resist the temptation.
- No more alcohol (during weekdays, and in the weekends only when in company).
I’m getting great at the ‘only in company’ part. But since I hang out with loverboy during the week too – I kinda cheat on this sometimes. But hey. I’m a grownup. So boo.
- Lose an additional 9.1 kilos to finally end up at a healthy 22.6 BMI.
I think I’m just meant to get fat. Shit.
- Get a ton of exercise. Or at least – a bunch. Or you know – try to go walking for an hour at least once a week.
Been doing 7 minute workouts every morning AND made loverboy purchase skates so we can make some rounds together. AND back to softbal training. On the up!
- Get my account balance/savings up to that number I internally discussed and at least stop spending fortunes on Thuisbezorgd.
The numbers are going up. Not nearly fast enough tho.
- Don’t start smoking. Or get 12 cats. Or take up skydiving. Or become a vegan. Seriously. Don’t.
- Actually finish watching Arrow.
Started April with 68 episodes to go. 57 remaining now that it’s over. So eventually I’ll never have to see this again. EVENTUALLY. Also watched some really cool new things (Shadow and Bone and Emily in Paris were aweeeesome binges!)
- Keep the Christmas tree up year round. IT’S HAPPENING! Gotta make it to August!
It’s awesome how many people keep asking me if it’s still up. Yep. It is.
- Learn a new language
- Play Zelda Breath of the Wild. Whether it’s at a friends or whether I manage to convince myself that I deserve a Switch. It must be played.
Hells yes! We’re a total Zelda team now! He rocks the shrines, I rock all of the exploring and killing and dungeoning. Only one Divine beast left and then it’s down with Ganon!
All in all – a good month I’d say.
Now fingers crossed that May brings us some actual sun, warmth and an impressive drop in weight. I have little hope for either though….